How much do you LOVE Mosquitoes? If you’re like most people, mosquitoes are not on the invitation list for your back yard. In fact, you may have wondered for years how to UN-invite them from dinner around the patio table so you can enjoy using your outdoor living area without being pestered by the nuisance blood-suckers.
Do YOU want to know how to DESTROY mosquito breeding sites around your home? Watch this short video to get an idea of how to get rid of mosquito breeding sites from your lawn and landscape.
Here is a short checklist of conditions in and around your yard that you can look out for and correct:
- Throw away, or turn over, any containers that may collect water, such as jars, flower pots, wheel barrows, children’s toys or play pools.
- Clean out pipes and gutters. Make sure there is no standing water; clean out any dirt, leaves or debris that may be blocking the flow of water.
- Repair leaky pipes and hose bibs around your home.
- Maintain a regular schedule of pool and hot-tub cleaning using the proper chemicals. Drain swimming pools and hot-tubs that are no longer maintained or used.
- Make sure outdoor garbage cans are covered.
- Check you septic drain field to make sure water doesn’t accumulate.
- Don’t let water sit on tarps, swimming pool covers or plastic sheeting over patio furniture.
- Get rid of old tires. If you have a tire swing for children, drill holes in the bottom so that it does not hold water.
- Watch out for ANYTHING ELSE that could be holding water around your home and either turn it over, throw it away, or drill a drain hole in the bottom of it to let the standing drain.
If you would like a mosquito breeding site analysis for your home, or maybe you have a simple question regarding mosquitoes or any other type of pest, Call (770) 716-0867 TODAY and ask for me, Glenn Laney . . . I’ll be happy to speak with you any time.
Here’s wishing YOU a PEST-FREE Day!
PS: And don’t forget to ask about our FREE Consultation and FREE 58 Point Pest Analysis of your home or office!